Full Moon Snowshoe TourFebruary 19, 2017
Add to Calendar
March 12, 2017 @ 8:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Free, naturalist-led snowshoe tours under the full winter moon! Look for animal tracks and learn about the wildlife that left them, all while surrounded by some of Utah’s most beautiful mountains. Naturalist guides talk about everything from animal adaptations and trees to the history and geology of Big Cottonwood Canyon!
Tours last approximately 90 minutes. Prepare for temperatures that are at least 20 degrees colder in this location than in many valley locations, especially when the sun goes down.
Participants should be prepared with:
- Warm and waterproof boots and warm socks
- Ski/snow pants/jacket
- Warm hat
- Warm /waterproof mittens or gloves
- Long underwear under ski pants and jacket
- Layers to shed if it warms up (sweaters, fleece, etc.)
- Snowshoes/Poles — Snowshoes are not provided, so please bring a set of snowshoes.