- Wasatch Wildflower Guides
Volunteer Guide Training
Thanks to all of our 2017 Wildflower Guides!
New to volunteering and want to get involved next year? Come to our Volunteer Orientation on Wednesday, October 18th, 2017 from 6 PM to 8 PM at the Salt Lake City REI. Registration is REQUIRED. Please fill out this form to attend this informational event. Can’t attend but still want to help out? Fill out the form and let us know you can’t make it. We’ll send you a link to a video of the orientation and keep the communication lines open!
Wasatch Wildflower Festival 2018 – July 21st, 22nd, 28th, and 29th
Wildflower Guides begin training in April 2018!
- Guide training consists of an orientation, online training modules, and in-field Naturalist training, followed by Wednesday evening wildflower walks in the canyons!
- Meeting dates are Wednesday evenings May through July.
- 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM at various trails throughout the Cottonwood Canyons.
- New guides should be able to commit to attending the orientation, completing online training modules, attending in-field Naturalist training, and attending at least 6 Wildflower Wednesdays.
- No experience necessary, just a love of wildflowers and interest in teaching/working with the public. We’ll train you on the rest.
- Various levels of guiding options available.
- Training for kids tours and general public tours.
- Guides commit to guide at least two of the four days of the festival.
- Festival dates: July 21, 22, 28, 29, 2018.
- Guides receive a free t-shirt, a copy of our “Wildflower Guide to the Cottonwood Canyons” Guidebook, lots of time among the flowers, friendship of other guides, a post-fest barbeque…and of course our utmost love, respect, and appreciation!
- Thank you to all those who volunteer for these special tours!
Email email@example.com to sign up or for more information.